We present the Patient Life-Cycle Wellness™ (PLCW™) system at http://wellness.wikispaces.com/Filling+the+HIT+Gap.
It is the first comprehensive health IT (HIT) blueprint to address the six unmet needs of mainstream HIT.
The PLCW system overlaps some other HIT systems in that it:
- Provides a collaborative space with single sign-on portal technology supporting EHR/EMR/PHRs, CPOEs, e-mail, forums, HIPAA compliant file transfer, voice over IP, and end to end encryption
- Promote secured access to specific patient data using authorization rules for Trusted Partners, as well as biometrics scans and SMART Cards for authentication
- Protects patient privacy by allowing only the information a patient permits to be shared with each authorized recipient (i.e., “Trusted Partner”)
- Interoperates with third-party applications.
But what makes the PLCW blueprint unique, is it is the first to satisfy the following six unmet HIT needs:
- Bridging the Knowledge Gap
- Managing Plan of Care Execution
- Coordinating Care
- Protecting public health
- Enabling complete connectivity
- Management of extensive data sets.